Authentic Compassion

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Are we there yet?


I'm ready for spring gardening, ready to get plants started under the clever grow light set up DH made for me last year. Ordered heirloom veggie seeds and looked longingly at some nice concrete planters. North Texas was cold today with wind chill in the 20's. I spent time out in the pens with goats - possible birthing activity beginning. We fed alfalfa for a y'all come into the pen and get locked up snack. I'll go back out once more before bedtime for humans on Buhlaland - not because goats can't deliver babies without humans but because it has been two years since we had kids and I get excited. Being around new born creatures renews my spirit. I make a definite promise you'll see cute baby goat pictures . I'm looking forward to warm weather, moonflowers opening while we stand in the garden watching the stars. Can hardly wait to taste new varieties of vegetables including purple bok choy,dark brown cherry tomatoes and white cucumbers (seeds are cheap - I can experiment!). It is daydreaming time on Buhlaland, a good time only surpassed by living the dreams.

5 comments:

Lanny said...

Amen to the whole thing. I am very excited for this year's lambs, poulty hatches, veggie and flower crop. I can't wait to see your pix. Sometimes the girls and I miss the dairy goats sumpin fierce.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Oh, Lindasue, you are getting me axious for spring! I hope to start planting and see if anything will sprout in the greenhouse. I can't wait to see your baby goat pictures. Have a good week, blessings, Kathleen

KathyB. said...

I too am going out late at night to check up on possible lambs. The ewes are uddered up and tails are droopy from loose ligaments. I also want to keep watch because the ewes go off by themselves along the fence line to lamb and I don't want coyotes taking them.

Love the line"y'all come into the pen and get locked up snack", I give a lot of those snacks to my sheep!

Paula said...

I got my Burpee seed catalog a couple of weeks ago, and I've been planning my dream garden ever since!! *sigh* Can't wait til spring....

Anonymous said...

our weather has been very warm and the fruit trees think its spring...trying to tell them its early is a lost cause...hope we don't get a cold snap. We did find some nice boysenberry starts and planted those this afternoon...we are looking forward to spring too..