Authentic Compassion

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Rose-y outlook




Too much gloom on the 'net and news. Too much "reality" instead of dreaming - it is rose-y here on Buhlaland.

Best advice for today is --- when your world has an excess of manure - put it on some plants and bingo - comin' up roses!



















Hey where'd that cute dog come from? Oh that's Conan the Destroyer - a slimming down, guarding the garden Rat Terrorist.
He wanted me to remind you - -
"2 Corinthians 4:8-10 (New Living Translation)
8 We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. 9 We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed. 10 Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies."
Smart dog isn't he?

8 comments:

Lolosblog said...

Love the roses!!!

Lanny said...

Great post! Thank you for the reminder of the real reality!

Anonymous said...

Great minds think alike, Linda...can't believe we posted posted our roses..we are on the same page...that's the Holy Spirit for ya....hugs

nancy huggins said...

I love the Best advice for today...I may just repete you and add that to my blog to..I am also tired of watching the news...nothing but doom and gloom..Your advice hits the nail on the head :)

sharilyn said...

lovely roses, linda! that pink edging around the white one is quite stunning! :)

KathyB. said...

Thank-you Conan! We all need that!

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

Okay... I just have to say it: I LOVE Ethel Merman!

I feel better having gotten that off of my chest.

Gracious, it's been a while since I was able to sit down and comment here. Usually, I am stuck folding laundry, washing dishes, or fussing over dinner (I actually really secretly love fussing over dinner, but you get the idea). This refreshing break has been brought to you by Cheerios -- the breakfast that I don't have to fix. :)

Love those roses!

Paula said...

Wonderful post!
And I always remember Ethel Merman as being that crabby woman in "It's a MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD, World"!