Our trusty Amana convection wall oven is currently a kitchen hazard - doesn't cook properly (or at all?) DH is working on the resolution of our problem . In the meantime - spice drawer on the floor and pan lids in drawer in dining area - even more confusing than my normal life here on Buhlaland. But it IS good my DH is so clever at repair. Even gooder (my blog my vocabulary!) - I can't bake anything - a good thing here on Buhlaland (the home of overindulgence in all food with butter and sugar)
Yes it is good on Buhlaland for our cholesterol, waisterol and fatterol I cannot make THESE right now - but nothing says YOU can't!
Mini Chip Cheesecake Bars
- 1/4 cup shortening
- ½ cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- 2 packages (
8 ounceseach) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda;
- gradually add to the creamed mixture until blended. Fold in the
- chocolate chips and pecans.
- Set aside a third of the dough for topping. Press remaining dough
- into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla. Spoon over crust.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of reserved dough over filling. Bake at 350°
- for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cover
- and store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.