Authentic Compassion

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Adventures Galore


Sorry I didn't get a picture of the lights flashing and ambulance here on Buhlaland - another adventure in the life of two old folks doing whatever God puts in front of 'em. My Beloved had a stroke on Monday morning - long story short - prayer and a way which was prepared for us long before we had the need made things work out as if there is a Plan in our lives. We are already home - all testing done - some medications changed up and minimal lingering damage to speech and mobility. Both quite exhausted and happy to be in own spot on Buhlaland. New slogan for me - Fear Not. Being anxious about anything may steal away moments given to bless us not allow us to imagine bad event - each day will have enough troubles for that day but also - the strength for that day will be given. Happy to be home - thanks for visiting me on Buhlaland. Just a few pictures 'cause it is still our blessed spot of life 'til the Lord declares otherwise.
















Goat on hindlegs getting a nibble of oak leaves is Butterscotch . Clever nubian goat Norman - has no horns so she gets to eat as far as she can push her head through the fences. Her yearling doe Milky Way is not so blessed - she has to be careful about getting stuck in the fences. You know what they say about grass being greener on other side - also lots more of it than on the side you share with 21 other greedy goats!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about this but I'm thankful you both are home. I hope your husband continues to improve with time. These photos tonight are the sweetest ever. God bless you both. Love, Mildred

Lanny said...

Wow. The Plan. Makes ya wonder and marvel, yes? Not being axious has been a motto for me for a few years now, every once and a while I stubb my toe against it, but I would never trade back for those worrying hand wringing days gone by. Not unlike anger and rage, it isn't only useless, it robs.

Vickie said...

Hey Linda Sue - you're always so good about not worrying and being prepared. I wish I could be more like that. I'm sorry to hear about hubby's stroke, but it sounds like minimal damage was done. Thanks be to God. I'm still learning to not be anxious. I hope and pray that he recovers quickly and is back to his old self soon. I love your big fat deer standing up there!

Lolosblog said...

Praying for recovery. Sounds like you knew what to look for and got help quickly. You are an inspiration to me my dear Linda Sue

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

I will definitely be praying for you and your hubby. I'm with Lanny on this one. Always about the plan, isn't it??!!!! It's so easy to forget that there is a plan --- and a perfect one at that --- for each of us. I can worry, fret, bargain, and fuss, but it is in the acceptance of "the plan" that I find peace. Thank you so much for the reminder. I needed that. And I love the new picture. Just the sweetest thing ever!

KathyB. said...

Oh I am sorry to read of this newest event, but pleased God has seen fit to return you to Buhl-A-Land, praise Him!Life in all it's simplicity, a home of one's own, enough food ,and the ability to care for one's self is so under-rated and truly blessings abundant!I will pray for you both.

The goats are so cute and so much fun to watch, entertainment of the best kind, capriciously entertaining~

Debbie said...

I agree with Kathy. So sorry that you've been put through this, but glad you're home and he's recovering. Things seem to be better when we can just come home. As we keep you in prayer, keep us up on your life!
Deb