Authentic Compassion

Thursday, October 23, 2008

A new link and tidbits of life

I've added a new blog link - 6yearmed. She is a good writer, her blog posts are often quite emotional since her work in the hospital is with new borns. Today's posting is disturbing so not recommended reading if someone is currently pregnant or nervous about a loved one who is. Just forewarning you not everything works out tidy and with all happy endings - although some of her posts are very funny.
I've settled down about the Blogger mess - apparently we can go in and manually change the setting,irritating changes are made without users opting in or out. Enough of that. If you haven't ever cruised through some of the links I have - try it - there are some fabulous blogs out there!

Posting a picture of our little buck, Snickers, the people who gave him to us had his horns burned off (called disbudding) when he was small and it wasn't done properly. After several infections- his head seemed to heal. Much to our dismay small deformed horns began growing. One was particularly problematic in being larger and loose. I wouldn'tdo anything with it because it hurt him to move the little hornette and I hate hurting the critters unless it is absolutely necessary. Two days ago - the problem was resolved by one of the other goats. The hornette was broken off completely and didn't bleed much. Rough world when you have a messed up head and everyone greets by slamming their forehead into your forehead!
Tin can gardening works! I harvested a head of bok choy yesterday and we had stir fry for lunch. The heads are large enough to make two meals so I still have half to use. Squash are blooming like crazy and one of the tomato plants has set blooms. Don't know if the weather will hold warm enough to get tomatoes from the gardening in a can experiment but I'll keep them covered if we get a hard frost warning.
Our little friend Hollis came by again this week and was scooching up the stairs in no time (yes I stood behind him so he was in no danger). After a couple of trips upstairs - his mom suggested Hollis be our new bathtub inspector. The tub is sitting in our living room until we are ready to install it in the master bath --serving as a perfect child playpen! He is so sweet natured and fun to be around.

















babies and sunlight



Here on Buhlaland we stay busy and are so content it is almost embarrassing. I'd like to remind you, dear readers not to pay undeserved attention to all the shouting of doom and gloom and predictions of disaster. Loud voices are rarely impartial or showing wisdom -
Listen for the Whisper

1 Kings 19: 11 The LORD said, "Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by." Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. 12 After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. 13 When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave. Then a voice said to him, "What are you doing here, Elijah?"

Rely on truth and faith and common sense when it comes to making decisions - here on Buhlaland we like whispers!

6 comments:

Lolosblog said...

That is one of my favorite scriptures. I am constantly reminding myself to listen for the whisper and ignore the shouting of temptation.

Love all the photos. Cute little one. I hope the cooler weather doesn't affect your garden. It was down right cold here this morning!

God Bless.

Paula said...

Hollis is so cute...
Sorry about Snickers little problem, but it sounds like everything worked out in the end!!
Thanks for the scripture reminder, too, Linda Sue- if ever we need these reminders, it's NOW!!!

KathyB. said...

What a bounty of vegetables you have. I love Bok Choy, and fortunately my daughter and her family grew a lot of it, so we have had plenty.

Well said about loud voices and gloom and doom, and a reminder I think we can use every day, thank-you !

And, about the blogger and comments, I thought there was something fishy going on. I had a terrible time leaving a comment on your blog the other day, and also on a few others. What is this change to blogger ? Is this something I would have to sign up for, because if it is, I am not . I already had my frustrating , hair tearing episode with blogger, and no one ever did contact me with even a hint of a solution...of course, as you said, it IS a free service for which I am immensely grateful.

Maybe there is NO ONE in charge of blogger..the machines are in control, I know, it is a conspiracy ! Eeks!.. the sky is falling..sorry, just can't help myself sometimes. You seem to have it under control and this is a special post today. Thanks.

Vickie said...

Amen to all that - thanks for the reminder.

Hollis is so cute!

Wish I could have some goats. My husband say's no right now.

Pam said...

That 6yearmed blogger sure does write some powerful stuff. Thanks for pointing her blog out to us.

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

I love the pictures!!! But even more than that - I love the scriptures!

Love, love, love your blog!

Blessings,
Lacy