Authentic Compassion

Monday, October 27, 2008

Frost is coming - doggone it!



What a Monday! Increased exercise time to almost an hour now - I don't look any better but I'm surely sweating more often now. Yesterday the weatherforecasters began predicting a real cold front today - so I wandered around trying to get pictures of some things which might not make it through the night. Then I realized - well DUH -
For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven. A time to be born and a time to die. A time to plant and a time to harvest. A time to kill and a time to heal. A time to tear down and a time to build up. A time to cry and a time to laugh. A time to grieve and a time to dance. A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones. A time to embrace and a time to turn away. A time to search and a time to quit searching. A time to keep and a time to throw away. A time to tear and a time to mend. A time to be quiet and a time to speak. A time to love and a time to hate. A time for war and a time for peace Ecclesiastes 3 1-8

So no problems with a little frost - it is time! The problem with most of us - we try to keep things past their time.(so throw out that expired stuff in the refrigerator - just a hint). Enjoy what is in front of us now - don't worry about tomorrow but don't to hang on to yesterday. I'm good with the frost now. The picture including a blue blanket is our attempt to extend growing season for the tin can garden (OK OK so I am trying to hold onto the potential of a few more veggies!) I started to title it "Veggie Bed Being Put to Bed" but realized that was too corny even for me.













Next is the Buhlaland version of a spooky picture. "The Shadowrider" - didn't realize I was getting this shot until downloading the camera. It appears I am riding one of the goats while our dear Nubiana stared at me. No way I could ride one of our goats but based on the picture maybe I could be a new character - Shadowgoatrider - not a super hero character more of a cartoon character. Speaking of cartoons - I love the image from the internet, included for your amusement. Cat with human smile - creepy yet funny. It is chilly tonight and I'm more goofy than usual - it is Good!
















































10 comments:

KathyB. said...

Your shadow rider picture is kind of spooky...the shadow image kind of looks like the stereotypical figure of 'death"...and riding a goat, well, that too has all sorts of implications !

Anyway, your place is lovely and your goats look sleek and happy. I think there is something so right and wonderful about having sleek, well fed and happy animals.

Enjoy the Ecclesiastes too, I have come to appreciate it so much these last few years !

Brandi said...

Love the pictures. The pansy just makes me smile. They always look "happy".

Shadowrider is creepy but cool at the same time!

We are under a freeze warning this morning! I don't think I am ready for this!

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

I love your pictures!

We planted pansies around our church on Sunday and I confess to being a HUGE fan. They always seem so cheerful!

Blessings!
Lacy

LindaSueBuhl said...

KathyB - yes I overfeed most animals including the two legged ones around here! Brandi - we didn't get the frost after all my prep but I did find two tiny green tomatoes when we uncovered the plants this morning - now I'm hoping for a harvest!LOL
Lacy - you share my heart - pansies are like little happy faces and they survive the winter here very well. Thanks for coming by y'all!

Kathleen from Eggs In My Pocket said...

Yes, it is getting cooler! I have moved my plants to the greenhouse. I love the shadow rider picture. What fun. Stay warm! Blessings, Kathleen

Brandi said...

I just had to smile when I opened up your blog and saw that pansy smiling at me again!

OH, thank you so much for the link you left over at my place!!! Yes, I am going to enter! I wonder if the limo will stay with you so you can ride in warmth all day, lol!

LindaSueBuhl said...

Brandi - I'll be thrilled if you win! As I said - recreational shopping isn't my thing anymore but I admire the skillz and desire required to get into training for such an event (Y'all we are talking about Black Friday - the day after Thanksgiving).Visit Lolo's Blog here to get the great back story! http://lolosblog-brandi.blogspot.com/2008/10/did-you-see-my-new-widget.html

Liz said...

Happy Halloween!
Hugs,
Liz & Mabel

Farm Chick Paula said...

*tee hee* I love the smiley cat, Linda Sue!
I love your little pansies... they remind me of my Grandmother.. she loved them too and would talk about what pretty "faces" they had-she said they look like littel men with moustaches!! LOL

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

I wanted to thank you for your sweet comments on my blog! You are so wonderful!

Blessings and thanks,
Lacy