Authentic Compassion

Friday, June 15, 2007

Stormy weather

Early yesterday morning these rain heavy clouds were coming in from the southwest. I took a picture of the windmill and pasture located next to our back pasture and thought of one of my favorite songs "How Great Thou Art" written by Carl Boberg and R.J. Hughes . The lyrics:
"O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder, consider all the worlds Thy Hand have made; I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder, Thy power throughout the universe displayed."
We are still having waves of storms through here today. After 2 years of severe drought - this year's rainfall is such a blessing for the land. The thunder does roll, echoing off the buildings. The trees are stretching up to the sky and sinking their roots so deep to drink in the water.
Nothing of great import to share with any possible readers today-feeling quiet and blessed and would love for you to feel the same. Shalom.

1 comment:

Shaun said...

Hi, I popped over from Farmgirl's blog. I think we are both in N.TX- I'm in Justin. Wonderful blog title, BTW. When I finally get around to making the sign for my 3/4 acre it will be "Jabulani Keep". An African dialect for JOY. I wish you Abba Father's best direction and blessings. Enjoy keeping your blog and 'dem goats. Shaun