Authentic Compassion

Thursday, February 5, 2009

We may have to stage an intervention













I CAN NOT STOP TAKING PICTURES OF BABY GOATS! - now I've confessed it and y'all can choose to accept me as I am or condemn me for the goat fool I've become. I was out in the pen this morning feeding our bottle boy and the little thief of milk, laughing out loud (like a total loony). All 18 baby goats are running, jumping, colliding with one another, checking whether the other does will let them stop for a snack (nope). It feels like a wave of joy in being alive when I'm with them. Our weather helps also - winds are out of the south - humid, warmer and the smell is a perfume to this gal. Our air smells all earthy, full of promise and teasing with hints of flowers to come. Yep - it is GOOOOODDD on Buhlaland today. If you can't stand goats any more - I'll try to find something else to talk about. I must admit - having had a heavy heart for several months now it feels as if I'm given a spiritual caffeine blast. How can I be sad when proof of God's intense love for all His creation (and creatures) is literally at my feet? 'nuff philosophy - I need to get busy with some human work so I can sneak out there one more hour to take -- pictures of baby goats ----aaargh!




































































7 comments:

Lanny said...

Well you will always have one fan (three from the same household) for your pictures and love of goats especially baby ones. Isn't it lovely how God, who knows our hearts are heavy, brings into our lives some special delight and wonder to lift our spirits.

LindaSue said...

Thank you to all 3 of you! Yep - nothing like new lives to make us remember how we are new creatures in Christ - I'm even a little perkier today after being around those wild ones.

sharilyn said...

first it was me with the elephant seal pups, now it's you with the baby goats! what better photographic material could one require?!? babies are so delicious, and the furry/hairy ones are absolutely wonderful! besides, they grow up far too fast. enjoy!! : )

Anna Colleen said...

When we put all the lambs and moms together, the baby's just go around to all the moms and nurse on any one they want.

LindaSue said...

Anna that is interesting because my goats are totally not willing to let anyone else nurse on them (I had ONE sweet mama who used to take on rejected babies but she died two years ago). Evidently your animals are nicer than mine - how embarrassing!

Paula said...

Just keep those pictures coming, Linda Sue- I never get tired of seeing baby goats! Or babies of any kind for that matter... have you talked your Hubby into chicks for spring yet? LOL

LindaSue said...

No chicken coop yet Paula - but he was talking to a neighbor last night as if he has decided to go ahead with it! woo hoo!