Authentic Compassion

Saturday, November 22, 2008

I'd like a zoo please


On a short visit to a friend's house I got to go outside ( Ok I really said - Let's go out I'd like to see your animals - I'm not very patient about waiting for someone to ask when I want to see critters!)


They have these two lovely llamas as guard animals for her goats. She raises miniature myotonic goats (the picture is a young myotonic named Ladybug if I'm recalling correctly) and he has a herd of mixed spanish goats for cleaning out the brush on their land. I do love these beautiful faces and interesting folks who keep all kinds of animals. My own animals here on Buhlaland keep us busy, amused and amazed but it is fun to see how other people live with their 4 legged friends.





4 comments:

Vickie said...

I love goats - I think they're cute critters. Keeping weeds at bay is a great job for them. Ever had 'cabrito'? (goat BBQ) pretty good. That's what they do 'round here with goats (besides let 'em weedeat...

LindaSue said...

Vicky - yes in the past I've had cabrito and it honestly isn't as good as pork or beef to me. We have the critters primarily for weedeaters and ag exemption - they each have a name and a personality. Thanks for coming by!

KathyB. said...

Myotonic goats, fainting goats ! I really like Ladybug, she would go well with my Jacob sheep, don't you think ?

I too, enjoy seeing other people's animals and how they keep them . Sometimes I get great ideas from others on creative ways to attractively house my animals !

Our pygmy / Nigerian goat brothers are of absolutely no practical value. I just think they're cute and the kids that visit like them. Well, maybe if entertainment is of any value, then I guess the brothers are useful. They do all sorts of funny things when I pull out the soda crackers !

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

The animals are so cute! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! blessings, Kathleen