Authentic Compassion

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Storms coming


Wednesday we spent several hours with friends who are also clients. In front of their new house they built a lake. I wanted to give you this information as an example of why you gotta love Texans and our sense of what constitutes landscaping. We were out by the lake and could clearly see on the horizon a big storm front moving in.
The scene was beautiful and majestic but we were getting weather alerts of potentially damaging hail, lightning and a tornado watch. Later while going through my pictures I realized we don't always see the storms headed our way so clearly. My friend Sarah is an example of staying safe in the shelter of the Lord even when the storms are raging.
I'm not sure if I've posted one of my favorite C.S.Lewis lines before or not - if so - please forgive me for being repetitious. In thinking of the storms of life --

“We are not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be.” Amen -

The weather storm finally arrived and was not nearly so bad as predicted. Another truth in life is often we anticipate greater problems than we are given. It stormed violently near us -but not on Buhlaland - not last night.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope all goes well!!! Stay Safe!

Paula said...

Wonderful words, LindaSue...
I too sometimes fear the worst, even when I know that all things work together for the good...

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

What a wonderful way to express "life's storms" Lindasue. We got storms for the past few days as well. The rain was such a welcome relief. Glad you were safe!blessings,Kathleen

LindaSue said...

Glad you've gotten some rain Kathleen - I know you needed it. Kelsey and Paula - it is all good - sometimes I goof up like Peter did and take my eyes off the Savior - then I start to sink but like the hymn "turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in his wonderful face".