Authentic Compassion

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Peace in Buhlaland





The name of this rose is Rosa 'Madame A. Meilland' but known since 1945 as the Peace rose. I have one in our little side garden in memory of my father. His air force career was primarily spent in the Strategic Air Command (SAC) and their slogan was "peace is our profession". I love the scent and delicate coloring of this rose, the picture shows a slightly tattered bloom since some big spring hail storms.
Seems there are a million tv shows touting books and programs and authors and relaxation techniques to gain inner peace. I know only one route "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid". John 14:27
The world simply can't give anything resembling true peace, I am grateful I possess a guarantee - if I ask, He'll provide. There is peace in Buhlaland - I pray you have peace also - not just the roses.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Oh, what a beautiful rose. And such a sweet reminder of your Dad.
One of my favorite Bible stories is of Jesus telling the storm, "Peace, be still". Thanks for this today, Linda Sue!