Authentic Compassion

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Some out - more IN










Today it was clear and sunny --a beautiful day to play in the garden - which is not what we did.

We did - take the carpet which was removed (by us) and put it in garage to be sold on Craigslist or given to someone who wants beige carpet. THEN we unloaded a lot of paint, 39 (yes I counted them - twice) boxes of cork flooring, a new light fixture for the kitchen and about a quart of sweat. I confess this is simply a catching up with small changes post - one big point I'd like to make - look closely at the picture of partially painted room (which will become our office/workout room once we actually move in). See the ugly dark grey tinge to what was apparently a white room? THAT my friends is what happens when you use those "one coat" paints - there is a black pigment added to a perfectly good white paint so indeed it covers most anything else but is NOT white. The white we are using is called Fragrant Jasmine (doesn't that just sound wonderful and relaxing? - still smells like paint but the name is the thing). It goes on the wall in a barely warm white shade not a cold touch of black white shade. It isn't all that noticeable until you begin to paint a real white over it - then the greyness becomes all too obvious. I'm tired - you must excuse my obsession with colors of white.
It is good on Buhlaland - because I have a great big bottle of ibuprofren and a Coke Zero over ice right here next to me. See you soon!

4 comments:

Alice said...

very nice

Vickie said...

Linda Sue, I am so anxious to see how that cork flooring works out for you. It's so pretty and I've never seen it down before. Hurry up and get it done so I can see!

Debbie said...

I'll be eager to see it too! I love putting down floors. The outcome is so clean and simple. Don't work too hard!
Deb

KathyB. said...

You are making progress, one ibuprofen at a time!