Authentic Compassion

Monday, December 6, 2010

Flash Back



Now there is a blast from my past - the first blog post I did back in 2007 - featuring our beloved Norman. Here is Boudreaux the difficult birth mentioned in inaugural post. He inherited his mother Norman's hornless head but his father Joe's size and intelligence (big size not much intelligence). Boudie is the resident indulged fat wether - allowed to stay simply because he was Norman's baby. Aren't you fascinated? I am surprised it has only been three and a half years I've been doing Buhlaland posts - seems much longer. It is still good on Buhlaland - whether you are a fat wether or in any weather.
In all things give thanks!

5 comments:

Lanny said...

Hey, I clicked on your link and I got an "it doesn't exist" message! Love the goaty picture! I only started two and a half years ago and it seems like I've always blogged, I wish I had started sooner, it is like journal keeping, only better... I have new friends that I never would have had, and that is always something good. I'll take you as frequently as you'll be and be glad for it. (But I would like to hear more from you, just sayin')

Vickie said...

Second what Lanny said - more posts please! It's been about that long for me since I started blogging - actually closer to 3 years! Where does the time go?

That is some spoiled goat, huh? He doesn't even know how good he's got it - I love it - the "resident fat wether". But what does he butt with if he has no horns? Just his head? Maybe that's what's making him a little addle-headed? haha! He's cute wether or not he's a smart wether!

LindaSue said...

Re entered link hoping it works for you now - as you can see - even 400 plus posts and I just don't have the knack of this new fangled HTML stuff! Vickie - Boudreaux butts with his very hard and thick skulled head - although a wether usually "thinks" he is still Don Juan even though the does think he is more Don Knotts! His father, Joe, was an excellent breeder and a huge boer buck - but smart he never was! So Boudie gets his dispensation to stay here from his mama and his overall nature - from his daddy.

Katie said...

I've been enjoying your posts and goats from the beginning. Thanks for the sharing.

KathyB. said...

That Boudie, a straight on photo shows him to be a goat of interesting character, but then most goats are interesting characters, aren't they?I still get a laugh when you mention his mother 'Norman' !

Just think of what we all would miss out on without the news from Buhl-a-land. I'll enjoy it whenever you feel like posting!

p.s. My Tea Time Tuesday post revolves around a beautiful teacup I received in the mail a few days ago....