Authentic Compassion

Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Hoooooooooooooooo!

I felt like howling at the full mooooooonnnnnnn a bit. Took this picture last Monday but didn't feel moved to post it until tonight. The delay and the idiocy of my title says something about the week we've had. Work challenges to the max, some interpersonal stuff(relational no not my marriage - it is veryfinethankyouverymuch), a sad diagnosis for our beloved Corey dog and winding up with --- ta da - a wonderfully quiet Sunday.

I'm feeling stressful pressure from too many sources and getting reminded continually I am not in this alone. He that is in me is greater than he that is in the world. So what's the end line on this? We are doing OK. Corey is responding to her medications pretty well. Right at this moment she is laying in the chair with DH - her head on his lap.
We aren't promised tomorrow, trying to living in the past is a waste of today. I was told by a fairly wise person, anxiety and worry is paying interest on a debt you don't even owe. We can choose to dwell on the negative or not. We pick NOT. It is well in Buhlaland and even without a full moon - try howling it is amazingly relaxing!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos! I am praying for you!

Paula said...

I'm so sorry for the rough week, Linda Sue... and I hope for the best for Corey.
Full moons always bring something strange, don't they? We saw a HUGE owl the night of the full moon here... one like we've never seen before around these parts! (I don't know where he came from, but it was kinda scary! Hope he don't come back! LOL)

LindaSue said...

Oh Paula - I love owls but with your chickens - not a great mixture. Thanks for the kind support Kelsey and Paula. We have lived with enough animals we know the price one pays for their incredible devotion and companionship is the shorter life span they have - so we love her like crazy while we have her and have realized this past week we'll let her go earlier than we'd hoped. Right now she is asleep on the afghan on our office floor - tummy full and breathing much better. Even for a sickly dog - life is good on Buhlaland!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how the most simple and pure elements of nature bring us back to the basics of our faith?

Blessings!
Lacy

Anonymous said...

I hope that you enjoy the salad!

It's tasty stuff and super-easy to make. I generally keep all the ingredients on hand so I can throw it together at a moments notice. This is handy in summer because it seems that we are constantly rushing off to last minute cookouts and picnics. I like to be able to bring a little something (even when I'm told that I don't have to). It's also very easy to make up before church and by the time it's needed, all the flavors have married and the salad is yummy!

Blessings!
Lacy

Momto5 RachelJoy Photography said...

clever writing.
:) lovely post

Anonymous said...

Great pic of the moon. I have enjoyed reading of your life here in the great state of TEXAS. :)