Authentic Compassion

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Different blooms

The flamboyant canna blosssom is courtesy of a friend named Ruth. I love the name Ruth especially the story of Ruth in scripture. My mother's middle name was Ruth - very much from the bible since her parents were also believers. The beautiful woman from Kenya who processed my blood donation on Friday - her name was Ruth and it opened a discussion of her faith she is an impressive woman. Our friends in Honduras - the Rudds have a lively, bright teenager named Ruth (she is in the videos on GodTube). Last on my short list but definitely not least - Ruth Graham Bell a woman who truly lived her faith. I could be totally irreverent and mention another favorite Ruth - the candy bar all chocolate and caramelly goodness but oh no I'd never do something like that. Go on reading now without thinking of a candy bar - nope - don't think of candy.
What do all these Ruths have to do with blooms? You knew I'd get here somehow despite taking a rabbit trail or two mentally. My rambling point is tonight I believe we are all blooms in the garden of life. Just as the blooms in my garden are intensely beautiful but only visible for a short time - we aren't promised tomorrow. We need to be the most wonderful bloom we can produce. Even if you are like me - more a prickly cactus flowers than cultivated raspberry crepe myrtle or flamboyant canna or delicate rose. Be the bloom you are meant to be - each has a place in the garden. That's how I see it on Buhlaland - and it is good to even be the bloomin' idjit I can sometimes be. See you in the bouquet!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so totally right in everyway!

Lolosblog said...

I will now be thinking of all my friends as a flower. What a beautiful bouquet God has provided me!

Momto5 RachelJoy Photography said...

lovely flowers and lovely words. very rainy where I am. wishing to see some blooms :)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely thought! Your cannas are gorgeous too...

Paula said...

I also love the name Ruth, Linda Sue! My aunt's middle name is Ruth.
I told Hubby if we ever have a little girl, I want to name her Anna Ruth. I love the story of Hannah in the Bible, too, and I would just shorten it to Anna!