Authentic Compassion

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Promises




"Our troubles are slight and short-lived, and their outcome an eternal glory which outweighs them far. Meanwhile our eyes are fixed, not on the things that are seen, but on the things that are unseen" (2 Cor 4:17, 18 NEB).
A rosebud is the promise of a beautiful blossom. God's word is the promise of unending love. I'm going through a time of standing on those promises. Not much blogging going on, I continue to be astonished at how my prayers are answered. Instead of getting what I "want" I'm learning to want what I'm getting. I think this might be getting my heart's desire - once my heart wants what God has for me.
If you are an older rock fan you might recognize the lyric, it is bizarre to quote a Rolling Stones lyric when I'm learning fom God. Part of my recent comprehension is God uses absolutely everything, the ugly, broken, disappointing stuff I didn't want in my life, it is here because it has been part of my life. He makes use of it and I don't necessarily get to know WHY?
Looks like the Stones are right.:
You can't always get what you want

You can't always get what you want

You can't always get what you want

But if you try sometimes you just might find

You just might find

You get what you need

5 comments:

Lolosblog said...

Great post and, although they are great lyrics, strange coming from that group.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Paula said...

I'm so glad to hear that God is answering so many of your prayers, LindaSue. And I love that you quoted the Rolling Stone song... we had a preacher once that said- "God will get his point across, even if he has to use the Devil to do it!" I had to chuckle when I thought about that.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are getting your prayers answered.....sometimes the answer isn't one we expected but is always good....sending you a hug today!

Katie said...

And I need to keep seeing the wonderful images of nature you share so beautifully. Thanks.