Authentic Compassion

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Not Big on Cutesy


Happy Lincoln's Birthday! Today's blog post has nothing to do with our late great 16th president of these United States.
I am not a fan or forwarder of chain emails. With that caveat I'll admit, sometimes I receive emails which just tickle my funny bone.
Truth here is --I'll go to the bridge with you, dear friends of the blogosphere, not jumping off to keep you company!
Has not been my favorite winter - we've had high points and of course daily blessings - below zero wind chills are NOT Texas winter normal weather. Having made my gripe - we're seeing promise of spring with warmer days and nights in the forecast. More than ready here on Buhlaland - it is good to have seasons but if I were setting the schedule - winter would be about a month and a half. Forty five days would be sufficient chilling for fruit trees and spring bulbs to produce, kill off pesky bug infestations and whatever other good reasons for being miserably cold.
Scripture states to every thing there is a season - it doesn't say how long - I say we take a vote? Silly Saturday here on Buhlaland and that is good. Y'all take care now!

5 comments:

Debbie said...

That picture could almost make me like cats! Cute! And I love the script! HAHA! Thanks Linda ;)

Kelly said...

One of my favorite web sites. Icanhascheezburger.com
It goes beyong cute into hilarious. Happy Winter. I have been looking for spring but it just aint here. ;)

Anonymous said...

As a cat lover and owner of three, I love the photo and caption.

We are having some nicer weather too and feel just the hint of Spring. Winter is my least favorite season, and this year has been especially frigid.

Wishing you both a nice weekend and a very sweet Valentine's Day.

Anonymous said...

me again...I saw on Sandra's post where you and Skip go tomorrow to the Dr. I'll be praying for you both.

Lanny said...

Ooh best leave me out of that vote, I'd vote for a bit longer winter and a real one to boot, or at least closer to real-er. Then maybe I'd be more thrilled about spring - evil season that it is - but I don't vote to shorten it either as I can't get all my work done as it is.