Authentic Compassion

Thursday, August 28, 2008

You think I just sit around and stare at the sky - well I'm not sitting when I do it!



Still working on getting the bazillion bytes of boring (oops I MEANT TO SAY fascinating) pictures off my c drive and onto either cd's or (thank you Lacy you are the smartest girl!) an external hard drive. Been interrupted by all manner of trivial tasks - answering the phone for our real estate business, making meals, cleaning our house and oh yes about eleventy seven loads of laundry. SO for a peacefulpostful I'm putting up some pictures of clouds - pictures taken by Linda Sue - creations by The Lord God Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth. (can I hear an Amen?)


Cloud types
can be majestic, awe inspiring mountains of water vapor gone volcanic


or beautiful skyscapes of different shapes and textures














or two angry little sky mutts scrapping at one another




































or a big plain cloudbank decided to play shapeshifter



being a tiger




to an emu!

What do you see?






























m 135:6-7 (New International Version)
6 The LORD does whatever pleases him, in the heavens and on the earth, in the seas and all their depths.
7 He makes clouds rise from the ends of the earth; he sends lightning with the rain and brings out the wind from his storehouses.







We feel the winds and enjoy the rain here on Buhlaland we look skyward a lot.


A friend of ours,Waverly Parsons ends his daily email devotionals with this quote


" Keep on keeping on for the King and keep looking up, 'cause He's coming soon."

10 comments:

Lolosblog said...

I sit and stare at the sky alot! I love seeing His majesty in the clouds. I worked behind blank walls for more than twenty years. I now have two windows directly over my desk and I love it!!

Keep looking Heavenward!

Anonymous said...

Wow those are just gorgeous photos! Amazing!

Anonymous said...

I love cloud pictures!!!!!

Beautiful!

And thank you for the linky luv!

Blessings!
Lacy

Anonymous said...

Yes..there is so much going on all around us if we only take the time to look...awesome!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

How pretty! You captured them perfectly! blessings, Kathleen

Momto5 RachelJoy Photography said...

I love clouds!! Guam has the best clouds-for sure. never seen them more beautiful. I wish I could back for a cloud viewing session :)

KathyB. said...

YES !!! I see the emu ...aren't the clouds beautiful ? Or prophetic, or proclaiming. I have seen the clouds produced by the wind, rain and fire . You know so much is not right when you see the clouds produced by a far off wild fire.

Nice cloud photos. KathyB.

Anonymous said...

I don't take the time to examine the sky so I am thankful you reminded me of the beauty. Way to go!
God is such an excellent creator.

Linda said...

I'm delighted to find your blog as I lived in Texas 62 years before moving to Portland, OR. I'm always excited to find other Texas bloggers.

Paula said...

You KNOW I love these pictures!!!!
I can entertain myslf for a long time sky-gazing.
Thanks for posting these beautiful pictures, Linda Sue!